In addition to the outpatient therapy groups, clients are provided at least 3 family sessions during the course of their treatment. Family sessions are designed to help:
- Provide a blueprint of what to expect while their loved ones are in treatment
- Facilitate effective communication between the client and their family members.
- Engage the family in the treatment process by providing them coping skills and strategies.
- Introduce the family to community self help groups for family members of those addicted to substances.
Family therapy also includes a four (4) week psycho education group that meets weekly to offer education to the family with emphasis on the impact of addiction on the family.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration recommend families be involved in treatment. Studies suggest that addiction treatment is most effective when families are in therapy. Families play a very important role in the client’s success in treatment. Family involvement can help:
- Increase chances of clients remaining in treatment
- Improve social and family relationships
- Help prevent relapse
Clear Mind Counseling will focus on helping you improve your family communication and provide support while addressing conflicts. Some additional benefits of Family therapy are:
- Enables working through the chaos of addiction
- Fosters greater empathy and understanding
- Changes negative interaction patterns
- Improves listening and communication skills
- Teaches healthy coping skills
- Enhances problem-solving skills
- Enables setting healthy boundaries
- Improves conflict-resolution abilities
- Rebuilds trusting relationships
- Helps loved ones understand addiction
Families can heal from the difficult aftermath of addiction. At Clear Mind Counseling LLC, we will help you be intentional about the changes you want to make. We will help you begin the process of rebuilding a healthy life together with your loved ones as the family heals together.
We want to help you. Contact me today.